Just as there were strategies used to the fight for our freedom, there are strategies we also want to remember to use to war in the spirit for our families, marriages, and relationships.
5 Strategies to use for continual freedom in your relationships:
1. Stay focus on the vision for family: Remember what you always wanted your family, marriages or relationships to look like. Stay focused and don't let challenges destroy your vision.
Habakkuk 2:2 reminds you to write the vision and keep it before you. A great way to do that is to write a daily confession for your family and the goals and dreams you all want to accomplish. Put it on a board and place it in your bathroom, on the refrigerator, in your den, bedroom,etc,. so that you will always see it and continue to say, believe and act it out until the vision becomes a reality.
2. Be willing to change: Don't allow past hurts or disappointments to distract you or make you quit. Change is good it just takes a little intentional effort on your part. You can do it!
3. Relax: Take time to relax in stressful times. Play games, go out to eat, do something fun with your family and friends.Plan a weekend trip to a place that you have never been before.
4. Forgive: Be willing to forgive. Remember Christ forgave you and me when we thought we were unforgivable. It is possible to do the impossible. Matthew 6:14 says "As you forgive, God will forgive you."
5. Keep the Faith: Never Give up. Don't stop being in faith. Faith is substance, power and encouragement in the spirit. Just when you think it is not going to happen, because of your faithfulness...it happens!