"A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly; and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother." - Prov. 18:24 (KJV)
My wife Carolyn and I are best friends. We support, encourage, motivate even check each other when we get off course! We are definitely in love and these notions show we are true friends.
Take a look at seven more characteristics of a true friend 1. Friendships must be sifted. Don't hesitate to check and monitor your friendships.
2. True friendships should have a common interest, a shared vision and be like minded. 3. Remember, don't be selfish. It cannot always be about you and your needs. At some point in the friendship put your friends needs before your own.
4. Be willing to resist rejection. Your friend may be busy but that doesn't mean they are not thinking or don't care about you. You have to be willing to resist some rejection in a true friendship.
5. The principle of scripture must govern your friendships. They should be guide by the Word of God--not what was done wrong together but what was done right together.
6. Be loyal.Friendship is a treasure and a responsibility. Friends should be able to say they are a better person because of you. Friends should know that when the chips are down and they turn around they will see you.
7. Jesus is my best friend. Jesus gave His life so that we we would have life and have it more abundantly. He also wants you to have good friendships.
Dedicated to Brother Micheal Ray Hanley AKA "Dynamite Mike" as he was affectionately called by our fraternity brothers (Omega Psi Phi Inc.). He was known for his loyalty as a friend. Even if you made bad decisions in life he would encourage you to get it right.